Sunday, July 3, 2011

Just a thought..

This post isn't going to be long- keeping it short and sweet.
1.) because I'm blogging from my phone
2.) because I'm in this damn Uhaul. Haha

I was driving with dad and Justin Moore's song, "If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away" came on.



That song always hits close to home for me. It always makes me think about the ones I've loved and lost along the way. Today, it made me miss my sweet ChaCha, my mom's dad, who would whisper "ChaCha loooooves Macy" every time he'd hug me. It made me miss my amazing, eccentric Granny who was always dressed to the 9s & finding some way to embarrass me in public.   And who could forget my sweet PawPaw who always had a peppermint and a story to share with me. It also made me appreciate my Nana that much more. That woman is one of a kind & I always value the time I get to spend with her.

Then I glanced over at my dad and noticed how much he has aged, how his hair is slowly turning gray, and the wrinkles beginning to form on his face. I've always known I couldn't keep my parents forever, but it makes me realize how much I need them, how much I've enjoyed having them in my life, and how BLESSED I am to call them my parents. It also made me regret. Regret the times we fought, the times I thought I knew it all, and the times I chose friends over family. Those friends are now long gone & my time with my family is slowly getting smaller. Hopefully God let's me hang on to them for many more years, because I'd be lost without them.

You know, the point of this whole blog when I originally started was to keep track of my dayy-to-dayy life. Not so much for everyone else, but for me. Sometimes my posts are personal, other times they're retarded & it makes me wonder why I even keep up with this. However, I love that I have an outlet to share my thoughts, feelings, ideas and dreams. I was looking back on some of my posts from april & it made me realize how far I've come, how much I've grown, and how truly AMAZING this life & our God is. He had plans for me that I never even thought were possible. In the past few months I've learned how to truly just let go of the wheel & let God work in my life. This life is so short & we are only here for a little while so we might as well be the best we can be. Spend time with the ones you love, laugh often, love deeply, and live with no regrets (or at least try to). :)

That's my soapbox for the day!

P.S- maybeee I kinda lied and the post got a little lengthy lol! Sorry girls! Thanks for all yalls sweet comments and support through it all! I love y'all!

Hug the ones you love on this 4th of July weekend! Be safe, & have an AMAZING holiday!! :)

Photobucket 

No comments:

Post a Comment