Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday Means Dirty Dancing

First of all, I'd like to say how AMAZING it is to be able to:
1.) Taste my food
2.) Breathe through my nose
 3.) Sleep through the night without feeling like I belong on a Nyquil commercial.
Yep, you know the one I'm talking about....
"for a better looking  tomorrow"

Guarenteed I looked worse than all of those homeboys put together. Mmmm, sexy thought isn't it!?

4.) MY VOICE IS BACK TO NORMAL!!!  For those of you who didn't see the accent vlog I did a few months ago, haven't heard the way I talk.  Let's just say.. when my boyfriend's best-friend met me, his first words to me were (and I quote) ".... Do you really talk like that??"
Ummmm, yeah, I do actually. So what if my voice is deeper than 90% of the girls I know... and it's raspy...oh, and let us not forget my Texas accent....welcome to my life.
  Think Demi Moore sounding voice (sort of).  Anyway, when I'm sick it's soooo much worse.  I straight up sound like a man.  A legit member of the opposite sex.  It's attractive... really. Swear it.

Moving right along..

Today is my last day in Fargo, and instead of galavanting around the town and exploring, I'm spending my day cuddled up on the couch watching Dirty Dancing.

Can I just take a moment to reflect on how amazing & timeless this movie is?

 img

Seriously, what girl doesn't love a good love story?
Especially when the leading male role is played by a sexy like Patrick Swayze. I die.


Not to mention, the chemestry between these two was unbelievable and certainly undeniable.

Even though I've seen it a million times-
 I still find myself rooting  for Johnny to fall in love with Baby.


  I always take Johnny's side against Baby's father.
"Nobody puts baby in a corner"

 I always cringe when Lisa sings  "Hula Hana".
I'd rather take a beating than hear her sing that song.

And, I always childishly giggle when Johnny pulls this move on Baby:

Ahhh, LOVE!
I don't care what anyone says, Dirty Dancing [Havana] has NOTHING on the original.


Before I go get to my movie, I'll leave you guys with these:

"Oh, come on, ladies. God wouldn't have given you maracas if He didn't want you to shake 'em." -Penny

"Me? I'm scared of everything. I'm scared of what I saw, I'm scared of what I did, of who I am, and most of all I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I'm with you." - Baby

"Sorry for the interruption, folks, but I always do the last dance of the season. This year somebody told me not to. So I'm gonna do my kind of dancin' with a great partner, who's not only a terrific dancer, but somebody... who's taught me... that there are people willing to stand up for other people no matter what it costs them. Somebody who's taught me about the kind of person I wanna be. Miss Frances Houseman" - Johnny

happy monday!!!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. OMG!! i love this movie!!! i used to make my brother try and lift me.. we never perfected it lol.. my mother cried the day he passed away!!this is an all time fave of mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, being sick sucks! Hope you feel better soon girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loooove Dirty Dancing! Definitely one of the best movies ever!

    http://www.badjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cringe at Hula Hana too.
    I get embarrassed.
    And being sick is terrible!
    Hope you feel better and the Demi voice goes back to Demi.
    Love your blog

    ReplyDelete